Electric Service to a Mobile Home

New Service to a Mobile Home can be requested either online or by coming into our Customer Service Department in either Byhalia or Olive Branch. One of our representatives will get the necessary information from you. A one-time active membership fee of $50.00 must be paid at this time and, depending on the service requested and a credit check, a security deposit could be required.

Click Here for Printable Forms

What do I need to bring in with me to apply for service?

  • Valid government issued picture ID: Driver’s License, Passport, Military ID, etc.
  • Social Security Number
  • Lease Agreement, if renting
  • Warranty Deed, if buying
  • Membership Fee of $50.00
  • Hook-up Fee, if new construction
  • Deposit may be required based on credit check
  • Proof of registration for mobile homes
  • New line construction may require additional costs.

Requirements for Hook-up of Electric Service to a Mobile Home

Your meter pole and meter base must be installed and ready for hook-up before our personnel will come on site for an initial site work order sketch.

How do I apply for service to a new mobile home?

Northcentral Electric Cooperative serves four counties. Each county has different requirements. Please check for the county where you are applying for service.

Marshall County requires:

  1. A mobile home registration certificate that is obtained from the Marshall County Tax Collector’s office
  2. The final sewer approval from the Marshall County Health Department
  3. Zoning permit from the Marshall County Zoning Office.

DeSoto County requires:

  1. Mobile home registration certificate at DeSoto County Tax Collector’s office
  2. The approved electrical inspection report from the DeSoto County Planning Commission.

Tate County requires the mobile home registration certificate from the Tate County Tax Collector’s office, Lafayette County requires the mobile home registration certificate from the Lafayette County Tax Collector’s office.

If you upgrade your existing mobile home to a new mobile home, you will be required to provide a current year mobile home registration certificate.